Been meaning to post about this for a while now. Google put together a presentation of loads of different Internet related projects that people have done. Next time you see some piece of media highlighting how bad the Internet is, pick one of these at random and redress the balance a little.
Some personal favourites of mine include:
- In B Flat
- The YouTube Radio
- Sour’s Webcam fan-based video
- Stop-motion animation by PES
- Graffiti Animation
- User Generated Content version of Star Wars
- Mapping from geo-tagged photos
- We Feel Fine (naturally – I’ve mentioned this before!)
- Keiichi Matsuda (and the domestic robocop)
- Street View art reproductions
- Japanese Water Fountain (not really Internet, but .. wow!)
- Building Projections (again, and old favourite)
- The Google Pacman (blogged, here)
- Internet of Things
Fantastic stuff. Tech at its best.
After noting improv everywhere the other week, I’ve started seeing the T-mobile ad on the TV and around and about, which is a very similar sort of thing. It gives the impression of an improvised, flash-mob style dance routine at London’s Liverpool St station.
It shows what a ubiquitous brand YouTube has become, sort of like how people have started saying they are ‘just off to google for something’ (although I’ve yet to see someone google for their keys … but with RFID and predictions about the ‘Internet of things‘, maybe one day that even that will come).